CHS 2019-2020 Scheduling Timeline
- Beginning in October 2019: School Counselors meet with PE 9, PE 10 and US/VA History classes to discuss the course offerings at CHS and the Program of Studies.
- November 2019 - February 2020: Students sign up for classes 1-on-1 with the counselors.
- February 2020: CMS Counselors review Program of Studies with 8th grade students. CHS counselors meet with students 1-on-1 to schedule courses.
- Early March 2020: Teachers review the course requests for any courses that require a teacher recommendation and make changes as needed.
- March 2020: Course request letters go home to families.
- April 2020: Dual Enrollment testing is completed. Students are removed if they do not meet the VCCS testing requirements. Students are made aware of these changes as they occur
- 05/20/2020: Last day to make any course request changes for the 2020-2021 school year. After this point we are not able to change any student course requests.
- August 2020: 2020-2021 student schedules will be mailed home. Students are only allowed to make changes at this point if they are missing courses required for graduation or they did not meet the requirements to take the course. All schedule changes are finalized by Wednesday of the first week of school.